DexterMorganSK

Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
NYC
Status
Podiatry Student
I was wondering if anyone using TBR/EK study materials can help. I know there is multiple good schedules already available using both sources, but I wanted to make one using all of the books of TBR and EK (as in reading both and doing the questions). The goal is to go over both sets for content review for about 1.5-2 months and use 2 months on FLs and AAMC materials. I had the following in mind as far a schedule goes:

(6-8 hours)-Day 1: read one chap from TBR and do half of the passage based questions; read the same chap in EK+questions. Whatever time is available after this will be used in making notes and review, and 2-3 VR passages.

Does this make sense or should I just read from one and use both for questions? Appreciate the help.

What you guys think @Chromium Surfer @mcatmatt

Thanks!

Chromium Surfer

2+ Year Member
May 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Looks pretty good to me! Although why not do all of the passage based and end of chapter questions?

OP
DexterMorganSK

DexterMorganSK

Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
NYC
Status
Podiatry Student
Looks pretty good to me! Although why not do all of the passage based and end of chapter questions?
Is it possible to read and do all of the questions from both BR & EK books without burning out? I'm getting the BR books next week, so not sure as to how many ques there are but that would be ideal. And, I was thinking about doing the other half ques when reviewing the material the 2nd time...hopefully there will be time for that.

Chromium Surfer

2+ Year Member
May 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Oh gotcha. Yeah I am studying over a longer period of time. But yeah if you can go over the material twice. Repetition helps things stick and more exposure to passage questions can only help!

Reactions: DexterMorganSK
Dec 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Is it possible to read and do all of the questions from both BR & EK books without burning out? I'm getting the BR books next week, so not sure as to how many ques there are but that would be ideal. And, I was thinking about doing the other half ques when reviewing the material the 2nd time...hopefully there will be time for that.
More passages is better. I think that if you stick with your schedule you will be prepared with anything you could see on the test. I read TPR, EK, Kaplan and textbooks for some subjects and by reading different prep books you get different insights on the material and you fill gaps you missed with one with the new material.

Reactions: DexterMorganSK
Mar 9, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I was wondering if anyone using TBR/EK study materials can help. I know there is multiple good schedules already available using both sources, but I wanted to make one using all of the books of TBR and EK (as in reading both and doing the questions). The goal is to go over both sets for content review for about 1.5-2 months and use 2 months on FLs and AAMC materials. I had the following in mind as far a schedule goes:

(6-8 hours)-Day 1: read one chap from TBR and do half of the passage based questions; read the same chap in EK+questions. Whatever time is available after this will be used in making notes and review, and 2-3 VR passages.

Does this make sense or should I just read from one and use both for questions? Appreciate the help.

What you guys think @Chromium Surfer @mcatmatt

Thanks!
Did you actually end up going through 2 sets of books? Was that a huge waste of time? How did your real MCAT go? Are there any schedules without the EK of TBR books I can look at?

OP
DexterMorganSK

DexterMorganSK

Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
NYC
Status
Podiatry Student
Did you actually end up going through 2 sets of books? Was that a huge waste of time? How did your real MCAT go? Are there any schedules without the EK of TBR books I can look at?
hey i actually started studying this year...around mid jan because I was finishing up some grad work..so I'll be taking the exam end of april...yeah i'm still using Ek and BR, though but im just using BR for the questions and content is from Ek...similar to mcatjelly's schedule.

Look over all the mcat schedules that are stickied...im sure one of them is without ek/tbr for content. But, you can just use whichever source you want in place of ek/br...its the same technique! gl

Mar 9, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
As a student who is finishing up the last semester of required pre-reqs, physics II, orgo II, and Bio II this semester, I plan on taking the MCAT mid june or july at the latest in hopes to applying for the 2017 cycle. I was wondering what would be a good way to study for the MCAT while finishing this coursework? Also, is 3 months being half fully devoted to MCAT studying enough to do well (510+) Sorry if its been stated in the past and thanks for any advice.