Study Spot for the Working Person?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

squeaky

Hopeful
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

After getting over my dissapointing (to say the least) mcat experience, I've decided to double my efforts and try harder for the next one.

I'm hoping to find a good study spot where I can study for a couple hours a day on the weekdays. The problem is I work full time, and I can't effectively study at home coz my roomates do not create a very constructive environment. I was wondering where someone in my position can go study? I'm in southern california (tarzana), and the public libraries close at 5 -6 around here...the time I get off work. The nearest university is really too far to go regularly. Starbucks? Bookstores? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All,

After getting over my dissapointing (to say the least) mcat experience, I've decided to double my efforts and try harder for the next one.

I'm hoping to find a good study spot where I can study for a couple hours a day on the weekdays. The problem is I work full time, and I can't effectively study at home coz my roomates do not create a very constructive environment. I was wondering where someone in my position can go study? I'm in southern california (tarzana), and the public libraries close at 5 -6 around here...the time I get off work. The nearest university is really too far to go regularly. Starbucks? Bookstores? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you!

I assume you're working 8 hours a day, which means you don't start until 9am... you could always try studying in the early morning because I assume your roommates will be asleep there.

when are you retaking the exam? i'm having the same problems, i work full time and am trying to study...it's hard. what's your plan, knowing what you know now?

as far as places to go, look for 24 hour starbucks (ask your local starbucks), borders in SF are open till 11 (they might have that there), or local cafes which close late. You can also try cafes early in the morning before work... some colleges have 24 hour libraries..good luck!

Hello All,

Thank-you!

Where do you work? Can you ask you boss to let stay after your shift and maybe find some office or something? I dont really know, having taken the test while in college there were numerous spots around campus that had desks, were quite, and open 24 hours. Other than at work, the morning study seems like a good idea. Good Luck:thumbup:

Pierce College Library is open til 8:00pm.

Coffeeshops and bookstores are alright, but invest in some earplugs - they're a lifesaver.