STUDY TIME FOR MCAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by together, Jan 12, 2001.

1. together

together Senior Member

Dear All,

On average, how much time did you spend in preparation for the MCAT? I know that it varies from person to person and that preparation should be based upon strengths and weaknesses, but, ON AVERAGE, how much time did you spend per day and for how many days/weeks/months (depending upon your currency of time) did you prepare?

Thanks!

Bereave

"It never meant as much as it does right now"

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mvalento

mvalento Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    1-3 hours per day, starting in mid-january. i took kaplan so i had classes two nights a week but those don't really count- most of the learning is on your own with their materials. i stepped it up a little (2-4 hrs/day) about 2 weeks before the test.

4. jimi

jimi Senior Member

I took the Princeton Review course for the April 1999 exam EXCEPT that I NEVER STUDIED so I did not even sign up for the test.

Instead, after returning from Costa Rica that year (mid July) I had 4 weeks to study before the August test.

I studied about 2-3 hours a day for those four weeks (not including weekends). And since I had no Prep course during that time, it was all up to me...

I ended up doing well but I really think the prep courses, if you take them seriously are a HUGE help.

5. wooo

wooo Senior Member

From June 1-August 14

Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am-9pm With a lunch and dinner break.
    (study & Kaplan class)

Saturdays 9am-12pm (Kaplan class)

Sundays (9am-5pm) (Practice test or Kaplan class/study)

somewhere around 30-35 hours per week, because I would take sectional tests on MWF after I got home from work.