Study time for the MCATs

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by PharmDR, Mar 29, 2002.

1. PharmDR

PharmDR Junior Member

hey guys,

i just had a question for you guys. how long would you give yourself (if you were working full-time)to study for the august MCAT? would it be sufficient enough to just go through a prep course (PR, Kaplan etc.) and take the MCAT right after it? i'm not sure b/c i'm planning to take the MCATs this august. i've started studying but i don't know if now until the exam will be enough time for me to prepare. i study about couple hours a day after work. please give me some of your inputs. thanks.

PharmDR

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PharmDR

PharmDR Junior Member

4. Angeliqua

Angeliqua Senior Member

Medical Student
    Hi PharmDR,
    I am currently working full time as a research assistant and studying for the April MCAT. I started taking TPR in November and have been studying since I began the class. I have found that it is difficult to study every night after work, unfortunately, most of my weekends have been spent in the library...yet I still do not feel prepared. I would definitely suggest taking the course, and just realize that you will not have much free time until the test in August. If you are able to discipline yourself to study every day for 2 hours (plus some on the weekends) I think you will be just fine.
    Good Luck!