1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

studying abroad in China

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by wingy, Jan 15, 2002.

1. wingy

wingy Member
    10+ Year Member

Just wondering if anyone studied abroad in China and loved it? What university did you go to and did you only take language classes? Did you do any medical or health volunteering or internships while there?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. xijin

xijin Junior Member

What do you want to study?I think your can study TCM(Traditional Chinese Medicine),I am a Chinese student studying at Shandong University of TCM.
    Can I help you?

4. Ai

Ai Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi there,

I spent the past year and a half studying TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) at a school in San Diego. Each summer (and I think other semester breaks as well) there is a month long trip to study in China. I believe they have programs set up with teaching hospitals in Shanghai, Beijing and Nanjing. I think there is also the option of extending the stay there. I haven't gone but I know many people who did and said it was a life changing experience. If you are interested in learning about TCM you may want to contact a local Oriental medicine college and see if you can join in on one of their trips. If you want to do it on your own they can probably help steer you in the right direction. Good luck! Let me know if I can help. :)