Studying abroad in Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I have a strange dream. I'm wanting to find a school that has elective courses or some opportunities to studying abroad, specifically in the UK.

I've always dreamed of living in the UK and with med school taking so long and then being theoretically stuck in the US to practice, I would love to find an opportunity to travel abroad during school, if it's even an option.

Also, is there any school or program which will help/allow you to certify in the US and the UK for medical school? Or would you have to certify independently and re-do your residency?

Any suggestions or creative ideas are welcome.

Just don't call me crazy.

Members don't see this ad.

Plenty of UK universities/hospitals have elective courses for medical students and there are numerous threads about this on the forum.

As for working in both the US/UK - you receive your degree from one and then you would have to gain registration in the other - as for whether you would have to re-do residency, it would depend on how much/what prior post-graduate experience you had.

Jonathan

I was looking more for names of US schools that allowed for electives abroad in the UK.

Are there threads for this? I can't seem to find them. Can you link me to any?