studying abroad/interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sux2bu09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am planning on studying abroad for the next spring semester and I was wondering how would that interfere with the interview process? I am going to submit my application by mid June and I took my MCATs last summer. I hope that I wont miss interviews b/c i'm not here.

Any ideas??????????

Members don't see this ad.

looking at your stats if you get everything in early (by late June) you should get some interviews in the fall... you might consider throwing in a couple mid and lower tier schools that tend to interview earlier in season too- then hopefully you will get an acceptance (or more!) before you go and if you still have your heart set on a specific school you could call their adcom office and say something like "i am very interested in your school, i already hold an acceptance, and will be out of the country the entire next semester" sometimes it works sometimes not...

good luck though! Study abroad is one of the best experiences in my undergrad career!

yea i know...i feel like i'm taking a risk by going

yeah man, that sucks. i wanted to study abroad, too, but didn't because figured interviews might come into conflict. i'm only like a mediocre applicant, tho, so i figured if i get interviews they'll probably be spread all over the place. if you're topnotch and apply early, you'll probably get them in the fall