Studying again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

GQjay

Hi guys

I was wondering what are some resources you guys have used for Gchem and Ochem. I have destroyer but I guess it wasn't enought for me. I scored 18 on both and am hoping to raise my scores my second time around. Any encouragement and advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i would use the examkrackers they are really helpful i use the audio osmosis and then the High Yield books are inexpensive and a great resource.

props to above poster, audio osmosis is a great tool and i havent heard much about it on sdn

Members don't see this ad :)
destroyer worked for me,
you need to also use the odyssey for organic chemistry. i think that your study style is the issue here not the material. what i did: i first used kaplan, memorized and understood all the workshops, any new material or things i know i will forget, i would write it in my note book. for organic chemistry, i wrote all the reactions separately, took about 12 pages, then the new reactions from the odyssey and destroyer, then any new information from these books, the trick is to understand everything, why each little reaction happens, not just the general. for biology, you just need to do kaplan book and the workshops, the destroyer has alot of new information, don't ignore the taxonomy section or the plant section.
i didn't do much timed practice, i don't get nervous during the test.
well, that is what i did, and it worked with me for the science section
also, 18 is not too bad, some schools will accept that, just don't give up.
that is what worked for me, hope the best for you

Try Kaplan. Depending on where you live, they might even have the book in the public library so you can borrow it like I did. It's the only book I read for the DAT and I did alright. Just make sure you understand everything and you'll be pulling 20+ the next time around

Well except for the PAT. That's another can of worms. It can be a real beast of a section so I suggest scouring the library for DAT workbooks (no matter how old) and completing their PAT questions. Just don't forget to keep timing yourself.

I have the whole As A Second Language Series chemistry. There is one Gen Chem and Two books which divide Ochem 1 & 2 into. Moderate pricing but they have really worked for me in my college courses, and reviewing for the DAT.

BTW... First post... WHOOP WHOOP.. And yep I am studying on Christmas Eve while the rest of the fam is opening presents.. pretty sweet