May 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Optometry
Hello All,

To those who have been successful and still preparing for the NBDE exams, can you please share some info.
1. Were you a fulltime student when you were studying for the boards? Is it possible to be working (at least part time) and studying at the same time?

Thanks...apprecaite your responses

Jul 31, 2009
San Francisco / Navi Mumbai
Status
Dental Student
Hello All,

To those who have been successful and still preparing for the NBDE exams, can you please share some info.
1. Were you a fulltime student when you were studying for the boards? Is it possible to be working (at least part time) and studying at the same time?

Thanks...apprecaite your responses
I studied for 3 months full time and scored a 86.
I advice you to prepare really well and only when you are satisfied with your studies, appear for the exam. esp with the no retake rule.
good luck!

nbdepart1

10+ Year Member
May 4, 2008
Connecticut
Status
Dental Student
I ha a full time & a part time job when I took the exam. I studied for 3 months & got 82. now many people tolme thru sdn & phione calls to quit the job & study full time which is practically impossible for me coz I have 2 small kids who just started going to school. so me & my wife have to meet their expenses & then the home expenses. so i cant be a full time student until next year coz then they will be in kg & i can sent to the town school. so the point is with a part time job alone I think u will be able to score above 85.