Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Studying Biology...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by FLY, Jun 19, 2002.

1. FLY

FLY Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am finding that it is extemely (math person)hard for me to get a decent score on any Exam that is related to Biology and Anatomy Etc.

Any tips on better studying techniques greatly appreciated.

thanks...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I am not sure if you are talking about the MCATs or the college courses.

If you are talking about the Biology course, I can share my way of learning. I am taking general Biology II right now and I love it. Biology is a memorization-type class. After each class or when I can, I read a few pages at a time and write notes as I go along. Then a few days before test time, I sit down in a quiet place and start reading my notes for one chapter.

After I visualize, scribble all over paper what I am learning and talk out loud the whole time :D , it sticks. I go to the next page and after learning that page, I go back over the two pages and then start on the third page. Then, if I take lecture notes, I go over it after I learn everything else.

I didn't mean to go into detail but this helps me when I study. Best of luck with Biology. :cool: