Studying during the Fall Semester for January 2018 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winorlearn

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! How is everyone structuring their study plan while taking classes + ECs during the Fall semester? It would be great to have a detailed breakdown, but any help is truly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Although not a study plan, what I do recommend is whatever plan you choose, study at least 1 hr a day every day on weekdays and 3 hours a day minimum on weekends. If you study properly it should be easy to rack up 300+ hours of study time for your exam. Also clear your schedule 3 weeks before your exam so you can focus 100%.

Reactions: 1 user
Although not a study plan, what I do recommend is whatever plan you choose, study at least 1 hr a day every day on weekdays and 3 hours a day minimum on weekends. If you study properly it should be easy to rack up 300+ hours of study time for your exam. Also clear your schedule 3 weeks before your exam so you can focus 100%.
Thank you! How did you manage days when you felt tired/ lazy while prepping for the MCAT?

Is an hour a day enough time to really get some good studying in? I'm thinking about starting content review in the summer and continuing through the fall semester with this strategy, but I am concerned 1-2 hours per day wouldn't really be enough to get into it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! How did you manage days when you felt tired/ lazy while prepping for the MCAT?

You push through. I usually took 1 day a week off from MCAT studying though, just to get my brain relaxed a little.

Is an hour a day enough time to really get some good studying in? I'm thinking about starting content review in the summer and continuing through the fall semester with this strategy, but I am concerned 1-2 hours per day wouldn't really be enough to get into it.

You can do more, an hour a day is enough time for content reviewing etc. But if you are actually practicing with practice problems and passages you would want more time than that (so you could save those for the weekends or days that you have more time). The whole point of me saying an hour a day is really just so that you are consistent with your studying. Many of my friends would study the whole summer and then not at all during the semester so by the time the winter MCAT rolled around they weren't prepared because they never kept up.

Reactions: 1 user