Studying for DAT over winter break

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMT4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering if it was possible to safely study the DAT over winter break.... from December 1 through around January 15. I am a junior this year and did not kow if this is it too much information to try and study over a shorter amount of time? I am trying to score a good score since my gpa is only a 3.4 and want to be able to submit my application by june 1. Would it be better just to wait until May to study and continue studying until July? Because then I would also have to worry about applications. Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

So I was wondering if it was possible to safely study the DAT over winter break.... from December 1 through around January 15. I am a junior this year and did not kow if this is it too much information to try and study over a shorter amount of time? I am trying to score a good score since my gpa is only a 3.4 and want to be able to submit my application by june 1. Would it be better just to wait until May to study and continue studying until July? Because then I would also have to worry about applications. Thanks for any help!

Honestly, it is up to you. Do what will help you get the best score you can!

Impossible to give you a legitimate answer.. Someone just received a 27AA after studying for two weeks, someone else received a 17AA after studying for 3 months. Everyone's different.

Reactions: 1 user
I know this thread is a bit dated, but I wanted to share my experience in case anyone still had this same question. I studied over winter break (about 3 weeks, minus a few days around Christmas). Anyway, I ended up with a 21 AA. I used both Crack DAT and Bootcamp, but I felt that Bootcamp was much better. I did a lot of the BC practice tests, and I would usually go back over what I missed a couple times. I studied pretty much all day most days, and if I were going to change anything that I had done while studying, I would have practiced reading and the generators, especially the angle ranking, a little bit throughout the fall semester. Don't get too hung up on the angle ranking, though, because I mostly just guessed on mine, so I would have more time for the other parts of the PAT. Most importantly, don't let the scores posted on here freak you out too much, because I was getting consistently lower scores on BC practice tests and on the Kaplan Free Practice DAT than I got on test day. Remember what God has planned for you, the DAT can't mess up :)

Reactions: 1 user