Studying for DAT while working full-time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

horns2001

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know most of you people will disagree with the idea of working full-time (at a pharmaceutical co.) and studying for the DAT. I hope I can do it, because I definitely need a job since I graduated last summer and just quit my last job ( i need $). Should I take this job with the Pharm. co. eventhough I have to study for the DAT which I hope to take May 31st ( I have been studying so far for 2 weeks now). What have all you other non-traditional applicants done (those who have worked full-time since leaving school-have you successfully been able to study for the DAT while working full-time?) I received an offer for this job and they want an answer , what should I do? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was working full-time (or more, due to grant deadlines), so I actually missed most of the Kaplan classes that I signed up for. In the end, I could only study some at night (you get tired pretty fast working full-time), though I did take a week off lab to study intensely. That was in fact, the only thing that really worked. So my suggestion would be to take the job, study as much as you can in the evenings. Then, if possible, take a week off work before the DAT

I agree w/ Stanford. I did the exact same thing (study in the evening and then a week off) I found an excellent book for the math section of the test and it is only about $15 dollars. ISBN # 0-7689-0716-0 "MATH FOR SMART TEST TAKERS" 2nd edition