Studying for Neuro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LowlyPremed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I need some study tips for neuro. I have it in a block format that comes at us fast and furious (like every other class I guess). Anyone know of a good colored atlas? The atlas recommended by my course director is black and white. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
LowlyPreMed

Members don't see this ad.

bah , The Netter's always good but..
why do you need an atlas for , is it only anatomical neuro?
Nerves dermatomes myelomes?

Hey,

I need some study tips for neuro. I have it in a block format that comes at us fast and furious (like every other class I guess). Anyone know of a good colored atlas? The atlas recommended by my course director is black and white. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
LowlyPreMed

Haines.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haines for the Atlas and Blumenfeld is an excellent resource for a text.

Haines for the Atlas and Blumenfeld is an excellent resource for a text.
yeaah for text i used both blumenfeld and harrison this semester (blumenfeld was better imo)

why do you need an atlas for , is it only anatomical neuro?

No. I plan on using Purves as a text. I wasn't sure about the recommended atlas though.
Thanks for all of the replies.

No. I plan on using Purves as a text. I wasn't sure about the recommended atlas though.
Thanks for all of the replies.

If it's Purves Neuroscience, I'm not sure how wise of a choice that would be, unless it's the recommended class text. I loved the book, but it was hardly clinical... there were very very few clinical correlates.

If it's Purves Neuroscience, I'm not sure how wise of a choice that would be, unless it's the recommended class text. I loved the book, but it was hardly clinical... there were very very few clinical correlates.

Tis the recommended class text. I might just do myself a favor and stick to the transcripts. Why do I always think I'm going to read the text? I buy text books all the time and never read them.