Studying for the Boards for FMGS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docbizkit727

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody!!! I'm a US citizen who's finished up medschool abroad. Now I'm coming home to start studying for the boards. Does anyone have any advice on what topics to study for step 2? i.e what fields to concentrate on and which ones to not spend too much time on. The reason being is because we were taught to memorize memorize memorize adn then puke it all out. In the US, a lot of learning is concept oriented. So i need to know more about the methodology of studying as opposed to WHAT to study. Also, if anyone can recommend some good review books and/or materials...please let me know. Oh, and is the Kaplan course worth it? I was thinking about taking the 6 month deluxe prep but i need more input. That's about it for now, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortuantely, step 1 is all memorization. I used Board simulator series from Arc venture and was forced to take their review as part of our school's curriculum. Beleieve me, it helped buttloads!
DRC