This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc Alex

Reaction score
Greetings!

Is anyone interested in teaming up to practice ABEM oral board cases including the new Structured Interview for Virtual Oral Boards?

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks!

Alex

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

ABEM Identifies Virtual Oral Exam Dates for Early 2021​

abem-identifies-virtual-oral-exam-dates-for-early-2021

Wednesday, March 3 – Saturday, March 6

Wednesday, April 21 – Saturday, April 24

Thursday, June 3 – Sunday, June 6

- ABEM Identifies Virtual Oral Exam Dates for Early 2021

Members don't see this ad :)
Greetings!

Is anyone interested in teaming up to practice ABEM oral board cases including the new Structured Interview for Virtual Oral Boards?

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks!

Alex
Hey Alex did you find someone if not I'm interested.

Speaking of which has anyone gotten their date assignment for the fall exam yet? My ABEM page says assignments will be emailed by 5/1 and it’s a surprise to nobody that they are late with this.

If it's a surprise to nobody, why bother asking?

Same happened in the spring. They emailed me my date just a couple weeks before the exam. Didn't let me switch and I had to get out my scheduled shifts just to do the session.

If they schedule you for 9/1, they'll probably let you know the last week of august.

ABEM is sinfully terrible and greedy. I'm giving them the absolute least amount of money possible which, unfortunately, is a non-zero number. All this nonsense just to earn the "privilege" of five years of board certification, wrought with as many fees built in as possible. God, I wish we had the balls to stand together and demand lifetime.

Reactions: 1 user
If it's a surprise to nobody, why bother asking?

Same happened in the spring. They emailed me my date just a couple weeks before the exam. Didn't let me switch and I had to get out my scheduled shifts just to do the session.

If they schedule you for 9/1, they'll probably let you know the last week of august.

ABEM is sinfully terrible and greedy. I'm giving them the absolute least amount of money possible which, unfortunately, is a non-zero number. All this nonsense just to earn the "privilege" of five years of board certification, wrought with as many fees built in as possible. God, I wish we had the balls to stand together and demand lifetime.

I also got my date only a few weeks before the test. I had to cancel several shifts as a locums physician, which is money I won't get back. ABEM said if I didn't take the date I was assigned, it could be a TWO YEAR waiting period before I get scheduled again.