Studying for the OB/GYN clerkship and shelf.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flaxmoore

StealthDoc
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off, a disclaimer. I did do a search, but I'm still uncertain as to the answer to this question. I have tempered this question in light of what I found.

That said, I'm starting OB on Thursday. I have Blueprints, Appleton/Lange and Pretest, but don't know if there is anything else I should have to succeed in this clerkship.

Is there anything else that would be useful? Any good free question banks (like Wikitestprep for Step I was)?

Members don't see this ad.

those are the books I am using with pre-test too. does your school subscribe to uWISE? supposedly that is money for the shelf

For Ob-gyn, I was a fan of the Appleton & Lange question book, and Blueprints. As I recall the Pretest for ob-gyn was not very good. A lot of my classmates liked CaseFiles.

You will also need a real textbook to read from. You don't necessarily have to buy it, try and borrow a copy from the library. If your school doesn't have a specific title that they recommend/require, then I would recommend "Obstetrics & Gynecology" by Beckmann et al.