studying = happiness?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farvabull

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
*warning*- do not read unless you are utterly bored

when i think about it....the more i study, the more i appreciate life and all it's quirks when i'm not studying. Case scenario: I've been cramming like a nerd for the past week or so for my finals tomorrow...err....later today : / but i just cannot wait to go back home and spend the next 2 months in complete joy (joy = not studying). Even when i'm working, volunteering, running errands, etc. i am just thankful i'm not preparing for yet another test. This may be a flaw when it comes to studying (cuz i sure as hell know i've got a ways to go), but it's just so refreshing to take a step back for a moment and view things in an care-free optimistic mindset. With that said, that happiness completely makes up for the studying (cancels it out if u will). Can anyone relate?

This has been a message brought to u by "sleep deprivation + many much caffeine + me!"

Members don't see this ad.

what god-awful school do you go to that makes you have stay in school this late?

studying new things just makes me appreciate the dynamics of the universe. but i don't like tests, quizzes, etc cuz that just kills the joy in learning new things

farvabull said:

when i think about it....the more i study, the more i appreciate life and all it's quirks when i'm not studying. Case scenario: I've been cramming like a nerd for the past week or so for my finals tomorrow...err....later today : / but i just cannot wait to go back home and spend the next 2 months in complete joy (joy = not studying). Even when i'm working, volunteering, running errands, etc. i am just thankful i'm not preparing for yet another test. This may be a flaw when it comes to studying (cuz i sure as hell know i've got a ways to go), but it's just so refreshing to take a step back for a moment and view things in an care-free optimistic mindset. With that said, that happiness completely makes up for the studying (cancels it out if u will). Can anyone relate?

This has been a message brought to u by "sleep deprivation + many much caffeine + me!"

I think i enjoy studying because it makes me enjoy the moments where I'm veggin out in front of the TV with a bowl of chips and a cocktail all the more. I love putting tons of hard work in and then rewarding myself for it. the night after the MCAT was one of the greatest of my life...

Members don't see this ad :)
it. said:
what god-awful school do you go to that makes you have stay in school this late?

studying new things just makes me appreciate the dynamics of the universe. but i don't like tests, quizzes, etc cuz that just kills the joy in learning new things

hehe, i'm ending summer A session...if this was still the spring term i would probably run into a wall, literally.

and yea, i love to read about new things and open up my mind, but when u have to butcher the idea/concept/law/theory/etc. into ur head senseless it certainly takes the fun out of it.

JayQuah. said:
I think i enjoy studying because it makes me enjoy the moments where I'm veggin out in front of the TV with a bowl of chips and a cocktail all the more. I love putting tons of hard work in and then rewarding myself for it. the night after the MCAT was one of the greatest of my life...

That 2, rewards (in my case weekends) are priceless after knowing that u gave it ur best.

If I didn't enjoy studying then I wouldn't be applying to med school. I studied 12 days straight for my Biochem final and I loved it. :D

JayQuah said:
the night after the MCAT was one of the greatest of my life...

Day of the MCAT: April 16th
Day of 21st Birthday: April 17

Can you guess how I celebrated finishing the MCAT :D

ChuckRock said:
Day of the MCAT: April 16th
Day of 21st Birthday: April 17

Can you guess how I celebrated finishing the MCAT :D

you went to chuck e cheeses? :smuggrin:

Preparing for a large test does not make me happy (that's for damn sure), but it does help me to appreciate the things I do in my spare time. :thumbup:

SanDiegoSOD said:
Preparing for a large test does not make me happy (that's for damn sure), but it does help me to appreciate the things I do in my spare time. :thumbup:

AMEN

farvabull said:

Word!