Studying in Two Months?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DUDev

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all

I have an interesting situation in terms of studying for the MCAT and was hoping for some advice.

I'm currently and Sophomore and am planning on taking the MCAT in late August '14, so that I can head to Spain for a study abroad program in September. My plan was to begin studying lightly for the exam starting this upcoming semester and then heavily study from May-July. The problem here is that I have to take Physics 2, between July 7th and August 7th which would cause a break in my studying. I'd then return home and study again from August 7th till the 21st test date.

Do you think that 2 months of study time plus the added few weeks and semester studying would be enough? I was banking on the fact that I wouldn't really need to study physics all that much since I'd be coming back from taking the course.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd think it's possible if you're strong in content base... If I were you, I'd study regularly during the spring semester finish most of the content review. Then take as many full lengths as possible during the May-July time period. Then reivew content again while taking physics and maybe try to fit in another full length or two during the course. Then full lengths leading up to the test.

You have a good amount of time, but are trying to balance everything... Studying aboad will be a great experience! Find a way to make it work!!

Take AAMC FL #3 to see where you are.
If you score high without any content review, then your test taking skills are really good.
MCAT is mostly about test taking skills + critical thinking. And you are supposed to do content review to score even higher.