studying medicine in Italy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nitsan1200

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi there ,

There's so much information but I can't find out how to chose university in italy.
Which universities are higly ranked ? and where will I have the chance to practice "hands on" during the university time?
Do u guys know any ranking list of the universities in Italy?

Thanks
Nitsan

Members don't see this ad.

2009 2008 city
1 2 perugia
1 1 udine
3 7 milano1
4 9 firenze
4 5 Padova
6 7 Napoli 1-federico secondo
7 3 milano 2-Bicocca
8 4 torino
9 11 roma1-la sapienza2
10 10 verona
11 22 roma1-la sapienza 1
12 11 piemonte orientale
13 5 modena-reggioemilia
14 11 roma tor vergata
1 4 15 Trieste
16 14 Pavia
17 16 Siena
18 19 Genova
19 25 Bologna
20 18 Brescia
21 20 Napoli 2
22 17 Ferrara
23 26 Sassari
24 21 Ancona
25 23 Palermo
25 28 Parma
27 29 Chieti
28 26 Catania
28 24 Catanzaro
30 30 Cagliari
31 30 Bari
32 32 Messina
33 34 Foggia
33 33 L'aquila
35 35 Pisa

first column position in 2009 year
second position in 2008 year
third city/name of the faculty/university.

usually all the university have to provide the practical trainig but often is only watch and be silent.:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello friends, I am new to this forum. I would like to get some info regarding medical studies in Italy. I am an Australian resident and I have completed my bachelors in Nursing from an Australian University and am working as a Registered nurse here. I would like to continue my studies and be a doctor. While searching for an English medical program in Italy I came across an International Medical school by University of Milan. Anyone has any info regarding this? I would also like to know whether I would get any exemptions based on my bachelors on any of the subjects? I would also like to know the validity of these courses in other EU countries...Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Hello friends, I am new to this forum. I would like to get some info regarding medical studies in Italy. I am an Australian resident and I have completed my bachelors in Nursing from an Australian University and am working as a Registered nurse here. I would like to continue my studies and be a doctor. While searching for an English medical program in Italy I came across an International Medical school by University of Milan. Anyone has any info regarding this? I would also like to know whether I would get any exemptions based on my bachelors on any of the subjects? I would also like to know the validity of these courses in other EU countries...Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Hello badboy2801!

Your situation it's a little bit complicated, because here in Italy all courses in medicine are in italian. But if you're interested the university has italian language courses for foreign students. I don't know about the International Medical school that you mentioned, but if you are interested here is the link of Milan University ( Università di Milano) http://www.unimi.it/ and the mail address of foreign student department, where to write and have much more explanations [email protected]

Hope I was helpful

another great website!!! appreciate it!

Delete please

Last edited:
Delete please

Last edited: