1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Studying Medicine in the UK

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by degabas, Jul 18, 2001.

1. degabas

degabas New Member

To anyone that can help, please do

Hi, I am a 26 year old American graduate with a Bachelor's degree with Honors who is very interested in studying in the UK for my US equivalent of a MD degree, I believe the UK term is MBBS or MBCHB. Honestly, I am not sure. My interest is due to the fact my father was born and raised in Cambridge and I still have family in Edinburgh and London. I am very unfamiliar with the UK terms and how to compare my American coursework and see if I would qualify for your school. In the US, I graduated with a 3.6 GPA cumulative which is an A average. Furthermore, my coursework includes: 1/2 years of Biology, Zoology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Histology, Genetics and 1 year of Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics and 1/2 year of Calculus. Any advice you might have as to my competitiveness at a UK school. I really appreciate any advice

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sita

Sita Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hiya,

I'm not sure I could answer your questions, because i don't know much about the entry for international students for Medicine in the UK.

You could try posting your query in the UK equivalent of this BB @:
    http://microbios2.mds.qmw.ac.uk/association/stud-assoc/forum_admissions.html

The board is hosted by Barts and the London, which is a medical school but all sorts of people, from all different Uni's post there as well as sixth formers (who are in the process of appying) like myself. :)
    They're all really friendly people and will do their best to help ya!! :D :D

At the moment the board is down, so you won't be able to access it, but keep trying and hopefully it should be fixed in a week or so!! :D

Hope to bump into ya there someday!!
    Good luck with your application :)