Studying OAT with MCAT Exam Crackers?

tvu123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. This is my first post. Right now I'm doing my last year as a Bio major and currently studying for the OATs. My sister just recently got into med school and she gave me her MCAT studying materials. I see that there is a resemblance between the OAT and MCAT except for the reading comprehension and quantitative reasoning. I looked online and a lot of people say that ExamCrackers are very good for the MCATs- if not the best. My question to you guys is that is it possible I can use these to study for the OATs and save money? What I am afraid is that I maybe overstudying things that are unimportant in the OATs that would be for the MCATs. Have anyone here used it to study for the OAT in comparison to the available OAT books out there? Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

I studied the OAT Kaplan along with the MCAT Crackers.. For me, The Chemistry, Or. Chemistry and physics topics were covered in both sources, however, i felt that the OAT Kaplan explained them more...
For the MCAT Biology book, I think it is covers waaaaaaaay to much than what you need to know... The Biology MCAT crackers deals with the human body system like ( muscles, hormones, systems... ) and I didnot get a single question about the human body... mostly were about plants, animals, genetics, cycles...
Check the official OAT site, it will tell you what topics you should know... and I recommend using the OAT Acheiver and TopScore practice tests, they were very helpuful...
hope that helps =)