studying ochem for the mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shuzee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
first of all i would like to wish everyone alot of luck for the upcoming MCAT.
I was wondering, how much time is evryone giving to ochem? honestly, after i have learnt that only 20% of the BS section is allocated to it, i have been slacking off tremendously on the prep...where are you guys studying ochem from? i think the EK books are not that great for ochem, i was thinking i should review with kaplan. i would love some feedback on this...keep studying hard evryone!!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I just made sure I knew the basics of O chem so I wouldn't miss any easy ones. As for the more complicated problems I just conceded them as I thought my time would be better spent studying other sections that I was more likely to get correct. I was a year and a half removed from O chem II so I felt it would be too hard to catch up.

It's an enigma, but I realized that after studying O Chem, my score in O chem is getting lower. And I noticed if my O Chem score would've at least stayed up, my Bio score would be so much more kick ass. So, I don't know, I think it makes a difference.