Studying one year in advance!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artvandelay786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be taking the DAT in one year and want to start studying to try and guarantee myself a 23+ AA. I'm bored this summer and wouldn't mind studying. As of now, my resources include kbb, cliffs, destroyer and chad.

Oh yeah, I also plan to study two hours a day during the school year.

Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

over kill in my opinion... might be able to go through some PAT stuff, but if you start reviewing sciences now and start school back up you will just more then likely forget most of the stuff you studied by next year. Unless your memory is a steel trap. Do some math destroyer or just brush up on trig/algebra, maybe some PAT and start studying ~3 months before exam, that's probably a good time frame.

Thanks for the quick response. I just really want to guarantee a high score because I am shooting for Harvard or Penn. would it make sense to study the information and try to get it into my long term memory?

for example, I was thinking of reading cliffs 10-20x and watching and taking notes on chads 10-20x and destroyer like 10x. Sounds crazy but this would be over the course of a year. And 8I would be cycling like cliffs then chad then destroyer then repeat or something.

I dunno, just an idea

Members don't see this ad :)
I would focus and learn as much as you can in your classes and not worry about studying for the DAT until 2-3 months before you decide to take it. One year is way too much time and studying for it would be pointless in my opinion because there's no way to retain all the information clearly for that long unless your an Einstein. You'd be way too burnt out by the time you took your DAT. You can still make a 23AA+ if you put in hard work and really study....you don't need a year to do that.

for example, I was thinking of reading cliffs 10-20x and watching and taking notes on chads 10-20x and destroyer like 10x. Sounds crazy but this would be over the course of a year. And 8I would be cycling like cliffs then chad then destroyer then repeat or something.

I dunno, just an idea

You know what may be useful is reading cliffs once, printing off bangitys and making anki flash cards and reviewing them two or three times a week. Don't read it extremely thoroughly with a crazy amount of notes, but just read it like a novel and review using flash cards. This would help only with BIO. From what I hear, and my experience bio is the bulk of what people study. Just a thought, you might be able to throw in some trig functions or something else in your anki deck and review them over the year.

On another note, going through destroyer more then 2X is not necessary, you will just memorize answers. Just my thoughts.

Last edited: