Studying snack and pre-test meals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CassieBagley

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. What snacks do you eat that work well with studying long hours?
2. What is your pre-test meal? Include any caffeine and/or other drugs...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

I'll start out:

1. I bring almonds and a couple protein bars while studying. The protein keeps be going for a long time and the fiber of the almonds keep me full. I also drink a lot of water. If I'm looking for some refreshment, I'll buy a cold diet soda.

2. Before a test, which is usually in the morning, I usually make an omelet w/ coffee then chug a red bull a couple minutes before the exam starts.

1) Subway
2) I'm usually too busy cramming one last review in before the exam so: clif bars and coffee

What I've discovered I love recently is frozen strawberries! I buy a bag and keep them with me when studying. After about an hour, they're completely thawed and I re-freeze. I like them frozen.

As for test weeks, that's a crockpot is for. I buy 10 pounds of chicken from Costco. I throw 3-5 pounds of it into the pot, along with carrots, potatoes, onions, and celery the weekend before test week and freeze.

I'll start out:

1. I bring almonds and a couple protein bars while studying. The protein keeps be going for a long time and the fiber of the almonds keep me full. I also drink a lot of water. If I'm looking for some refreshment, I'll buy a cold diet soda.

2. Before a test, which is usually in the morning, I usually make an omelet w/ coffee then chug a red bull a couple minutes before the exam starts.

1. Coffee.... a lot of it....
2. Coffee.... a lot of it....