Studying Stratagies for Tests in College

grapp

EMT-A Firefighter
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know some people are just going to say study...

I've across a lot of studies that show studying before you sleep. You will retain more knowledge.
45 minutes studying, 5 minutes off, you will learn more.

I personally have found anatomy easier by touch the bone that I am indicating on the test, it's one way it helps me build memorization.

Any other tips, they can be general. I'm a high school senior getting ready for college,

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It's ya bish again.

I'd not time anything and try to sleep as soon as you come home from whatever.
Too many times I've risked missing (or missed) something important due to getting too little sleep.

It's ya bish again.

I'd not time anything and try to sleep as soon as you come home from whatever.
Too many times I've risked missing (or missed) something important due to getting too little sleep.
8 hours isn't enough?

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea... wake up when you do wake up.

If you're worried about study time, set your alarm clock according to an estimated number of hours you think it'll take to cram.
It sounds risky, but all-nighters are simply unhealthy/unsustainable.

Try 25 minutes of studying and a 5 minute break. Use the Pomodoro technique. I use it all the time.

Sleeping after I studied was very helpful for me in college. If you have a classmate that asks for help on understanding something, try explaining the concept in detail to them. If you can teach it, you know it.

Reactions: 1 user
Try Music while studying especially classical. there is also these various music videos on youtube called Study aid that do help improve concentration in my experience. My GPA in college was in top tier in college when I had only a 3.8 in high school... and one of the major study habits that I incorporated was Music to my studying. Hope this helps...

I study before bed. I find I retain information better that way. While I'm trying to go to sleep, I often find myself thinking about the material I just covered. Warning: Sometimes I dream about chemistry and whatnot. :)

Also, I find that I take tests better after I've been awake for a few hours. So if I have an early class/test, I go to bed early and wake up early to give my brain plenty of time to warm up. I like to go to the empty classroom in the early morning with my laptop and refresh for an hour or so before the test if I have the time.

instead of pulling all nighters, getting up early to study has been working great for me. Study before going to sleep and revise it all once you wake