studying the Kaplan MCAT review course for OAT?

Jay12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is alright to study the KAPLAN MCAT review course in order to write the OAT? Are there certain things that are not covered by the course, that are needed for the OAT?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

we bought a 2005 edition of kaplan MCAT for like 6 bucks on amazon and I think it is very good for review. it will cover your basics, but it will give you nothing on training to answer the OAT test questions.
so, it is a good review of subjects but it doesn't have sample questions.

we bought a 2005 edition of kaplan MCAT for like 6 bucks on amazon and I think it is very good for review. it will cover your basics, but it will give you nothing on training to answer the OAT test questions.
so, it is a good review of subjects but it doesn't have sample questions.

+1. word.

Thanks........so I guess I can use the Kaplan MCAT review books as just that..a review of the materials that will be presented in the OAT...but as far as practicing for the OAT questions, it might be better getting anothe source that will have questions that will be similar to the actual test.

In that case, what would you suggest, asfar as books or resources, in being able to prepare fully (i.e. answer the questions) for the OAT exam?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the Kaplan OAT 2007-2008 Practice book that you can find at most bookstores (barnes & noble, borders, etc. even Amazon.com). It has practice problem sections, as well as full length tests.

You should also look into purchasing CD programs, such as TopScore or OAT Achiever. I personally used TopScore, which was sufficient for me, but OAT Achiever seems to be more helpful as it also gives full explanations to answers, rather than answers alone.

Personally, I found that Kaplan & TopScore provided tough questions that fully prepared me well above what was needed for the actual, which I was happy about. It was discouraging for me while doing their practice tests, but it made me study harder, and it made the actual seem so much easier! :thumbup: