Stupid AOA/AACOM/ACOFP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You're forgetting the possibility of a class action law suit if you decide to go for blood.

Calm down son. Who are you going to sue? This is definitely an embarrassing situation for the AOA, but at no point were we ever promised a unified GME system.

Members don't see this ad.

You're forgetting the possibility of a class action law suit if you decide to go for blood.

At this point, we should be contacting our representatives and speaking our minds regarding the issue. The key is to simply present the situation at hand and let others do what they must with the information. Let the truth be known. Speaking of which, I hope the AOA gives us a bit more information soon; they're only making themselves look bad at this point.

Calm down son. Who are you going to sue? This is definitely an embarrassing situation for the AOA, but at no point were we ever promised a unified GME system.

You can sue the AOA for failing to represent the interests of the osteopathic community and chiefly on the bases that they choose to disseminate non-truths as validation for their own self-interests. It has been done plenty of times and it could work if enough people speak up.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can sue the AOA for failing to represent the interests of the osteopathic community and chiefly on the bases that they choose to disseminate non-truths as validation for their own self-interests. It has been done plenty of times and it could work if enough people speak up.

You aren't a medical student. You aren't going to be suing anyone, neither is any other DO student...seriously you need to stop making this into World War 3.

You aren't a medical student. You aren't going to be suing anyone, neither is any other DO student...seriously you need to stop making this into World War 3.

I'm not, but I am simply putting it out there like a good productive member of a litigious society :D

I'm not, but I am simply putting it out there like a good productive member of a litigious society :D

Takes a BIG pair to sue the society that is responsible for your ability to graduate and eventually become licensed...I will be very surprised if this is not already in the midst of being worked out AND it is not eventually done in the next few years...Like I have said before little will change between 5 years ago and tomorrow when it comes to the match, this will just remain inconvenient for DO students.

Takes a BIG pair to sue the society that is responsible for your ability to graduate and eventually become licensed...I will be very surprised if this is not already in the midst of being worked out AND it is not eventually done in the next few years...Like I have said before little will change between 5 years ago and tomorrow when it comes to the match, this will just remain inconvenient for DO students.

People have sued LCME and gotten things done. DOs could easily adopt an intern organization with the same duties and substitute it with a class action suit.
So sure, you can pussyfoot around but, if they desire it then they can do it. That's all I'm saying.

In beginning to regret my DO acceptance
EVERYsngle day now

Thanks aoa

EVERYsngle day now

Thanks aoa

You regret getting in to med school? Give yourself some credit. You worked hard for that acceptance. Just take control of the situation and work hard, you'll be fine. Plenty of doors will be wide open to you.

EVERYsngle day now

Thanks aoa

This is what this reminded me of. :smuggrin:

h94F8D681