Stupid Loyola Letter - Anyone Else?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turtlepower

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else had this experience in the last few days...

I am waiting for a letter from Loyola and I happened to get one in the mail yesterday. I was very excited but also very anxious. I held it up to the light before I opened it and I saw through the envelope that there was a "business reply" return envelope included. I figured that it could not be a rejection, right? Why would they want anything from me if they had rejected me?

I opened it up quickly and started to read and realized that the letter was inviting me to apply to their medical MA program! What a bunch of s***! Do they know that it is both cruel and unusual to send this letter out at this time when everyone is all hyped up? I assumed that this was another way of telling me that I was rejected.

I called them this morning and they said they were still reviewing my file and were unaware that a "different" office had sent these letters. BUT, they would be happy to give me the phone number to call if I was interested in the program! I feel like not only am I most likely rejected, but they are just trying to get an extra year of money out of me. I was really interested in this school, but now my respect has dropped a notch.

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah... i got one of those about a week ago.

i thought it was a rejection so i guess i didn't mind it so much when i found out what it was.

:D

There seems to be quite a few of us who got those letters. I saw a couple folks mention it in the "Loyola Class of 2008" thread and I got one too. Try not to stress out about it - I think the MA program either did an enormous mailing or screwed up somehow by sending it out to those already in the process or accepted at Stritch.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think they just did a mass mailing based on aamc info. i got one, and i haven't even applied to stritch.

kind of like getting mailings about podiatry, optometry, etc. schools just because we took the mcat.

I got the same letter two days BEFORE my interview. I thought it was pretty funny... funny enough that I asked them when I got there....

Chill - no worries.

Turtlepower, How did you arrive at your username? TMNJ or something else?

Yea I keep getting those letters, and I haven't even applied to Loyola. It pisses me off because they just won't stop! +pissed+

I got one yesterday saying "congrats on the great MCAT scores. Now we want to help you meet your next goal, matriculation." Well, if I had great MCAT scores, what makes you think there would be an issue with matriculation?

me too, got one....glad those letters don't apply anymore

I got that letter three days after I withdrew from Loyola, and thought the two events might be correlated. What a funny coincidence!

What is TMNJ? pekq, I have no idea what that means... I seriously just really like turtles and tortoises and tried to incorporate that.

I think he said TMNJ? Did I inadvertantly create a name that makes people think of teenage mutant ninja turtles? I never even thought of that!

I got mine yesterday too damnit, thought the exact same thing. At least it seems that everyone gets them and not just the people they plan on rejecting.

I got it yesterday -

I strongly believe that any letter sent by a medical school which opens with the word "Congratulations!" and IS NOT an acceptance or an interview, SHOULD BE A FEDERAL CRIME.

I am so serious, who are they kidding?

yep, i got one of those a few days ago, despite having withdrawn from said school after being invited for an interview about 4 months ago.