Stupid Loyola Letter - Anyone Else?

turtlepower

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2003
DC
    I was wondering if anyone else had this experience in the last few days...

I am waiting for a letter from Loyola and I happened to get one in the mail yesterday. I was very excited but also very anxious. I held it up to the light before I opened it and I saw through the envelope that there was a "business reply" return envelope included. I figured that it could not be a rejection, right? Why would they want anything from me if they had rejected me?

I opened it up quickly and started to read and realized that the letter was inviting me to apply to their medical MA program! What a bunch of s***! Do they know that it is both cruel and unusual to send this letter out at this time when everyone is all hyped up? I assumed that this was another way of telling me that I was rejected.

I called them this morning and they said they were still reviewing my file and were unaware that a "different" office had sent these letters. BUT, they would be happy to give me the phone number to call if I was interested in the program! I feel like not only am I most likely rejected, but they are just trying to get an extra year of money out of me. I was really interested in this school, but now my respect has dropped a notch.

What do you think?

LaurieB

10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jul 2, 2003
    Chicago
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      There seems to be quite a few of us who got those letters. I saw a couple folks mention it in the "Loyola Class of 2008" thread and I got one too. Try not to stress out about it - I think the MA program either did an enormous mailing or screwed up somehow by sending it out to those already in the process or accepted at Stritch.

About the Ads

nibrocli

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Nov 18, 2003
        i think they just did a mass mailing based on aamc info. i got one, and i haven't even applied to stritch.

kind of like getting mailings about podiatry, optometry, etc. schools just because we took the mcat.

G0S2

SDN Angel
        10+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Oct 11, 2003
        TX
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          I got one yesterday saying "congrats on the great MCAT scores. Now we want to help you meet your next goal, matriculation." Well, if I had great MCAT scores, what makes you think there would be an issue with matriculation?

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.