Stupid mistake on mcat day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teeheety

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I mean ya that sucks. Nothing you can do about it now though just learn and move on.
Got my MCAT score a couple of days ago for June first and I was pleased with the score! Phew. I was surprised to do better on B/B which was right after the break!

Reactions: 1 users
Got my MCAT score a couple of days ago for June first and I was pleased with the score! Phew. I was surprised to do better on B/B which was right after the break!

Score if you don't mind me asking? Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Score if you don't mind me asking? Congrats!
It was a pretty balanced 513, 127/127/129/130. I'm just surprised that despite freaking out after the incident, I was able to score better than my AAMC FLs in B/B and P/S (avg. around 127 for each)

It was a pretty balanced 513, 127/127/129/130. I'm just surprised that despite freaking out after the incident, I was able to score better than my AAMC FLs in B/B and P/S (avg. around 127 for each)
Amazing job! Any advice for the psych/soc section?

Amazing job! Any advice for the psych/soc section?
Hm I think the major contribution to my score in P/S was that I took a course in Medical Sociology in my freshman year. Quite a few concepts that I learned in the course (healthcare disparity, social determinants of health, etc) came up in my studying and on the test as well. I am also doing research that utilizes some of these sociological frameworks. Besides, I don't know if it's a huge plus but I go to a liberal arts school, so I'm pretty familiar with some of the stuff they asked (feminist theories, etc).
I honestly did not feel prepared as I sat in for the MCAT that day (started hitting the book 2.5 months before the test, but studied on and off as I was in school until I crammed for the last 3 weeks). In the last 3 weeks, I watched the entire Crash Course Psychology series, supplemented with TPR Psych, practiced with the section bank questions, and took FL#2.