stupid mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nontrad

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was a new student at NYCOM. Prior to the white coat ceremony last friday, I withdrew from the school. I have a family member who suffered from a stroke a couple of weeks ago. This created a lot of chaos in the family. For fear of not having enough time to study, I withdrew. Now I feel that it was the dumbest thing I've ever done since I wanted to be a doctor terribly. Does anyone think that I can go in Monday and take back my withdrawal or do you think my seat has been given to someone else on the waiting list already?

Members don't see this ad.

If you truly wish to become an osteopathic physician then I would get in to see the Dean ASAP. I would explain the circumstances under which you made your decision. Perhaps you could return this year. If not this year, maybe they would consider your withdrawl as a "Leave of Absence". This would surely save you time and money, since you shouldn't have to re-apply next year. Good Luck.

I would think at the very least they would let you have a seat next fall. Perhaps they will even let you return on Monday.

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input. I will go to the dean the first thing in the morning tomorrow and explain my situation to him. Hopefully, he'll give me a second chance. It truly makes me feel good to see replies to my post. I will let you guys know how things turn out.

Hey guys, NYCOM took me back. They showed a lot of class by being very understanding. On a happier note, I was told that after I withdrew, they contacted 6 students on the waiting list not thinking all of them would show up this morning. Quess what? They all came in and were given a seat in the class of 2003 including myself. Feels good to know my mishap gave others a chance to be future D.O.

Yeah that is VERY cool! Good luck in medschool!

Miglo
?COM Class of 2004?
smile.gif

Non-trad...CONGRATUALATIONS!! Isn't it wonderful to know there are still understanding people out there running the show?!

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

Wow! I'm impressed but not at all surprised! Congratulations! Say "Hi" to my cousin for me (another member of the NYCOM Class of 2003).

Tim of New York City.

wow... 6 ppl ... fate.... stroke... saddness... happiness... that would make a great movie... how did everyone turn out?? :)

KUMC_MD said:
wow... 6 ppl ... fate.... stroke... saddness... happiness... that would make a great movie... how did everyone turn out?? :)
:rolleyes:
I'm sure they're all residents by now. Stop dredging up old topics and study so that maybe you can get into med school some day.