Stupid mistakes that you made in the application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goheel

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, today, I've just realized that I need to click on "e-submit academic update" on pharmcas in able for them to update my GPA.I already had everything done 2 weeks ago, minus the submitting part. I thought that I only need to update the courseworks and send in my transcript. Oh well, you live and you learn. ;) I guess that's gonna delay the decision.

Members don't see this ad.

Tried to fix a date on my degree college in Pharmcas and ended up having it listed twice, so then I had to delete my entire coursework for that school to delete the school. Then had to enter it all again. All 78 hours worth of classes. :mad:

Of course my biggest fowl-up was procrastination. I should have done all the stuff I'm doing now about 5 months ago. :oops:

If you already have a good GPA then school just want to know whether you did OK this semester (not need to recalculate your GPA!). You should send your transcripts to schools beside Pharmcas, including a proposed courses for the spring.

Members don't see this ad :)
CuRy said:
If you already have a good GPA then school just want to know whether you did OK this semester (not need to recalculate your GPA!). You should send your transcripts to schools beside Pharmcas, including a proposed courses for the spring.

What's the point of sending your transcript to the schools? I thought that the schools can already see your courseworks on pharmcas, which is basically the same as the transcript. The courseworks on pharmcas also has the section that shows the classes that I will be taking in the spring.

goheel said:
What's the point of sending your transcript to the schools? I thought that the schools can already see your courseworks on pharmcas, which is basically the same as the transcript. The courseworks on pharmcas also has the section that shows the classes that I will be taking in the spring.
I don't know whether Pharmcas send the update by electronics. So be safe (faster), you send also to schools.

jemc2000 said:
Tried to fix a date on my degree college and ended up having it listed twice, so then I had to delete my entire coursework for that school to delete the school. Then had to enter it all again. All 78 hours worth of classes. :mad:

Of course my biggest fowl-up was procrastination. I should have done all the stuff I'm doing now about 5 months ago. :oops:

Ditto on the first part!

jemc2000 said:
Tried to fix a date on my degree college in Pharmcas and ended up having it listed twice, so then I had to delete my entire coursework for that school to delete the school. Then had to enter it all again. All 78 hours worth of classes. :mad:

I did the same exact thing. But to make it worse, after entering everything over again, I made another stupid mistake. So, in all, I ended up putting in my coursework three times.
And another thing, I mentioned the school I wanted to attend in my personal statement. Although I luckily got in there, I wouldn't recommend that at all. It was hard to deal with the wait and the thoughts of "If I don't get in I certainly can't apply to another pharmcas school". Live and learn, I guess.