Stupid Question about U.S. News and Wolrd Report

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TCIrish03

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been to just about every grocery store and pharmacy and cannot find a copy. If it's in a Border's, I haven't been inside one in over 10 years, which might explain why I haven't seen it. I'm not a student, so I haven't been to a campus bookstore in a while, and I never used US News when I applied to college in te first place. Anyway, when do they compile their statistics on Medical Schools, and when will the new version be available (that is, for the 2007/2008 application cycle)? Yes, I already checked out their website, and didn't find what I was looking for. I submitted my question to them over a week ago and never heard back. Phone call was never answered. (just so you guys know I looked into this already). Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I've been to just about every grocery store and pharmacy and cannot find a copy. If it's in a Border's, I haven't been inside one in over 10 years, which might explain why I haven't seen it. I'm not a student, so I haven't been to a campus bookstore in a while, and I never used US News when I applied to college in te first place. Anyway, when do they compile their statistics on Medical Schools, and when will the new version be available (that is, for the 2007/2008 application cycle)? Yes, I already checked out their website, and didn't find what I was looking for. I submitted my question to them over a week ago and never heard back. Phone call was never answered. (just so you guys know I looked into this already). Thanks in advance

i think the new one comes out at the end of march/beginning of april

Yup, it's getting close to that time of year, again. When the new one is released, there will be a frantic, obsessive flurry of posting on these boards that should clue you in nicely. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)

will WashU and Yale continue their descent?

will Baylor and UPenn continue to be the "cream rising to the top"?

will Hopkins pull the Cinderella upset and overtake Harvard?

Answers to these questions and more coming soon.

will WashU and Yale continue their descent?

will Baylor and UPenn continue to be the "cream rising to the top"?

will Hopkins pull the Cinderella upset and overtake Harvard?

Answers to these questions and more coming soon.

How many pre-meds are going to cry in their bed the very night they find out the school they attend was a top 10 ranked school at that time and has now droped out of the top 10 and how many pre-meds will get an ego bost when they find out they now attend a top 10 ranked school? LOL, LOL

Aside from the US News grad school magazine, there's a med school-specific book that's actually fairly helpful (it's like MSAR, although the one nice stat they have that MSAR doesn't are the number of *acceptances*, not just how many people matriculate).

Just subscribe to the premium edition on-line at usnews.com. It's cheap, and they give you a lot more data than you could find in any of the published books - or at least find it more easily.