Stupid question Part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

popoman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi As you all can see i like this message board thingy..keke =)
My question is if im Asians(korean), is it harder or easier to get into medical school???
I heard different things..o i live in NJ..if that is also a factor..
If i apply to a medical school that didnt have a korean student, would i get in easier???

And ANNE STOP READING MY MESSAGES...kidding =P

The Confused Freshman.... =)

Members don't see this ad.

In general, asian applicants are not considered as minority. Since percentage of asians in medical schools is much higher than percentage of asian population in the US, it's getting harder for asian applicants to get admissions. The statistics showed that asian applicants need slightly higher GPA and MCAT (in comparison with other applicants) to get into medical school. I don't think you'll be at advantage if you apply to school that doesn't have any korean students. You're still asian.

really~ so im dead huh??? argggg~

Members don't see this ad :)
Popoman,
I think that if you work hard during your undergrad and score well on he mcat you will do just fine. Engage in some extracurricular activities as well, the happier you are the better you will do! Providing you have no major personality flaws youll be as competitive as the next guy!
Good Luck

Reactions: 1 user