Stupid rejection dream

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hahaha so last night, I fell into my slumber and drifted off into dreamland. I ended up dreaming of the response USUHS may end up sending me in a couple of weeks. I received in the mail a frozen package of chicken breasts. They were Perdue I think, because I remember the blue, plastic packaging. On the front it said "Chicken Breasts of Acceptance/Rejection." For some reason, I knew exactly what that meant. It was from USUHS, and you had to microwave the chicken breasts for two minutes on full power. If, after two minutes of microwaving, the chicken breasts magically come out from their originally frozen state as fully-cooked and delicious, it means I have been accepted! If they come out how frozen chicken breasts would normally come out after two minutes of microwaving --> Still partially frozen, liquid gushing out, unevenly cooked, and tough meat -- then I was rejected. I remember microwaving them, opening the microwave door with my hand over my eyes...and seeing the gushy pile of crap signifying a rejection. I then proceeded to eat the barely-cooked chicken breast while crying uncontrollably.

If I get a package of frozen chicken breasts in my mailbox in the next few weeks, I will drive to the coast and drown myself :D.

Members don't see this ad.

Turkeyman said:
Hahaha so last night, I fell into my slumber and drifted off into dreamland. .....If I get a package of frozen chicken breasts in my mailbox in the next few weeks, I will drive to the coast and drown myself :D.

And I thought I had some issues :laugh:

Did you land on your head TurkeyMan? Don't worry, it was just a dream, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't get into USUHS but rather that you get into somewhere decent. Trust me, you don't want to be a military doc.....PM me (or get in touch with me on AIM) and I'll explain....

BTW It's a good thing I don't have your address..... :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Praetorian said:
BTW It's a good thing I don't have your address..... :smuggrin:

Hahaha!

USUHS is just an option, lots of pros and cons I know :D. It's also just going to be the first medical school I hear from, and with that must have somehow snuck into my dream :p .

edit: I really DO fall on my head on a regular basis...in the video on one of the moves I do a flip and overflip to land on my back --> that one almost knocked me out completely! Got two or three bounces out of it muahaha!

You are not alone.

I dreamt receiving my waitlist letter from Northwestern a couple nights ago...then I told myself, "No. I want to be accepted" and then went back to sleep. Then I dreamt of a big envelope from the post office...but I didn't even get a chance to open it up...

that's *almost* the weirdest dream i've ever heard. :laugh:

Oh turkeyman! I know thanksgiving is around the corner and all but....
you gotta de-stress :)

excellent video, btw!

atleast you didn't dream that you accidentally decapitated a puppy like i did last night :eek:

oh and btw, i dreamed twice that I got rejected/waitlisted at SLU (my 1st interview this year) but i ended up getting in...maybe dreams are the opposite of whats going to happen irl! :thumbup: :luck:

gintien said:
atleast you didn't dream that you accidentally decapitated a puppy like i did last night :eek:

!!!! ahhhh that's sick. accidentally? how does that work out?

I've had my share of messed up dreams too, I must admit... in one of them, I dreamt that I stored cadavers under my bed.

crazy_cavalier said:
!!!! ahhhh that's sick. accidentally? how does that work out?

I've had my share of messed up dreams too, I must admit... in one of them, I dreamt that I stored cadavers under my bed.

it was weird...i found a puppy and i put him in a bag with a zipper but left his head out so he could breath...then the bag turned into a box with a metal lid that slided back and forth...i dropped the box and the metal lit closed and cut the puppys head off...and in the dream, i tried to reattach the head but no...it was already dead...yeah...dreams are weird :confused:

gintien said:
it was weird...i found a puppy and i put him in a bag with a zipper but left his head out so he could breath...then the bag turned into a box with a metal lid that slided back and forth...i dropped the box and the metal lit closed and cut the puppys head off...and in the dream, i tried to reattach the head but no...it was already dead...yeah...dreams are weird :confused:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I find this much funnier than Turkeyman's dream

gintien said:

LOL Javert me too. Wow!

It's horrible but at the same time, I'm sitting here n the library laughing my head off...oh I'm such a bad person.

And gintien, I hope this theory is right! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Back when I was in elementary school I once had this dream where I went to class one day and some girl wet her pants in the classroom, but she didn't stop and the entire classroom filled up with pee like a big goldfish tank. I distinctly remember climbing up on a desk as the room filled up and watching a pair of glasses float by.

Turkeyman said:
Hahaha so last night, I fell into my slumber and drifted off into dreamland. I ended up dreaming of the response USUHS may end up sending me in a couple of weeks. I received in the mail a frozen package of chicken breasts. They were Perdue I think, because I remember the blue, plastic packaging. On the front it said "Chicken Breasts of Acceptance/Rejection." For some reason, I knew exactly what that meant. It was from USUHS, and you had to microwave the chicken breasts for two minutes on full power. If, after two minutes of microwaving, the chicken breasts magically come out from their originally frozen state as fully-cooked and delicious, it means I have been accepted! If they come out how frozen chicken breasts would normally come out after two minutes of microwaving --> Still partially frozen, liquid gushing out, unevenly cooked, and tough meat -- then I was rejected. I remember microwaving them, opening the microwave door with my hand over my eyes...and seeing the gushy pile of crap signifying a rejection. I then proceeded to eat the barely-cooked chicken breast while crying uncontrollably.

If I get a package of frozen chicken breasts in my mailbox in the next few weeks, I will drive to the coast and drown myself :D.
when was ur interview?? I had mine on the 6th of Oct, still haven't heard back.......

gogo110182 said:
when was ur interview?? I had mine on the 6th of Oct, still haven't heard back.......

Dang, 6th and still haven't? That means I'll prolly have to wait hella-long :(.

Mine was on the 27th.

And DarkSide...I get dreams almost every single night, I believe because of intense athletic activity. About 5/7 nights of the week I come home immensely sore from training, and can guarantee I'll have a dream. As for eating...I don't eat after 6:30pm unless it's an omelette, which is about once every two weeks or so :D.

Turkeyman said:
And DarkSide...I get dreams almost every single night, I believe because of intense athletic activity. About 5/7 nights of the week I come home immensely sore from training, and can guarantee I'll have a dream. As for eating...I don't eat after 6:30pm unless it's an omelette, which is about once every two weeks or so :D.

Interesting. I'll have to start paying attention to see if physical activity changes my dream patterns!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Turkeyman, I think your dream made me laugh out loud harder than anything I've ever read on SDN (specifically the part at the end where you dejectedly eat the nasty chicken). Thanks for putting a smile on my face!

No prob :D

Congrats on your acceptance btw, I'm sure you'll be seeing more of those! Was it your top choice?

edit: Well besides Harvard, I remember the whole deal about the red folders. I want to see these red, legendary folders!

Dude, like 90% of the folders I've received so far have been Bloo. These schools need to get a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle more creative.

At least the dook frisbee is kind of cool. :p

seilienne said:
Dude, like 90% of the folders I've received so far have been Bloo. These schools need to get a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle more creative.

At least the dook frisbee is kind of cool. :p

90%? wow, i wish i could say 100%.....get it, get it...i wish i could get one acceptance of any folder

i had a dream that i was playing ultimate (frisbee), and i lost my frisbee after the game.....maybe i'll get an acceptance w/ a frisbee!!!! except not from duke since i didn't apply to them

that same night i also had a dream that i killed a wolf that broke into my garage w/ 2 knives....it was weird outside, thunderstorming and such, and my family was all inside, and we knew this happens all the time, and wolves were roaming out, and they had never done anything if you stayed inside, but they broke in the garage, so i had to kill one, and then i saw some man walking w/ an alien, then i woke up...............THIS MUST MEAN I'M GONNA GET ACCEPTED SOON!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

TO TURKEYMAN: why both videos you have posted, i have downloaded, and played, but they skip a lot, and i don't see much past you being really blurry and it's like it's just a bunch of pics of you.....i don't get it, i download it to my computer

*laughs* I meant interview folders, not acceptance folders. Oof, wouldn't it be nice to say 90% of admission folders?

Mmm. That'd be awesome.

TheDarkSide said:
I've just gotta ask... what the hell do you people eat before you go to bed????
"Attention everyone, attention everyone, I must advise you not to eat the brown acid. I repeat, do not eat the brown acid." :smuggrin:

C.P. Jones said:
90%? wow, i wish i could say 100%.....get it, get it...i wish i could get one acceptance of any folder

i had a dream that i was playing ultimate (frisbee), and i lost my frisbee after the game.....maybe i'll get an acceptance w/ a frisbee!!!! except not from duke since i didn't apply to them

that same night i also had a dream that i killed a wolf that broke into my garage w/ 2 knives....it was weird outside, thunderstorming and such, and my family was all inside, and we knew this happens all the time, and wolves were roaming out, and they had never done anything if you stayed inside, but they broke in the garage, so i had to kill one, and then i saw some man walking w/ an alien, then i woke up...............THIS MUST MEAN I'M GONNA GET ACCEPTED SOON!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

TO TURKEYMAN: why both videos you have posted, i have downloaded, and played, but they skip a lot, and i don't see much past you being really blurry and it's like it's just a bunch of pics of you.....i don't get it, i download it to my computer

It could be a windows media player codec issue. Do you have the latest version of windows media player(10, I believe)? Some people have this trouble with the video...and sometimes even updating windows media player doesn't work :(. Good luck though!

HAHA as for your wolf dream...that's really weird because about a year ago I had a dream involving a wolf and my garage as well. The wolf could walk upright like a normal human, and so I guess it was more like a werewolf. It was dark and gloomy outside, the way it looks juuuust after the sun has fully set. No storm though. My little brother happened to be in the garage...and I remember seeing the wolf(I was standing on the sidewalk) dash into the garage and for some reason I knew it had murdered my bro. Well...after that...all hell broke loose within me and I tore the wolf limb from limb. I remember pulling its trachea out, and in the process tearing open its jugular...also this long string of muscle attached to the trachea came out as well in addition to the spurting blood. Ahaha okay, enough! :laugh:

C.P. Jones said:
and then i saw some man walking w/ an alien, then i woke up...............THIS MUST MEAN I'M GONNA GET ACCEPTED SOON!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

LOL exactly

that's hilarious turkeyman....dreaming is great...i dream like every night, i love it

i have WMP 9 fully updated, i can't get 10 b/c i have windows 2000 pro, and not xp :( ......can your movies be viewed in quicktime maybe?

Funny turkeyman, i'd expect you to dream of turkey breast... heehaw

C.P. Jones said:
that's hilarious turkeyman....dreaming is great...i dream like every night, i love it

i have WMP 9 fully updated, i can't get 10 b/c i have windows 2000 pro, and not xp :( ......can your movies be viewed in quicktime maybe?

I'm not sure C.P....but I don't believe so ;[
If I get the chance one day...I may be able to convert to mpg, but that wouldn't be until late next week.

And yes willow, I guess I'm a downright TRAITOR to the almighty turkey =[. Or maybe I just want to rid the world of all other birds :D.

Gosh Thanksgiving is so close...I can't wait to have some turkey and gravy and mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie and green bean casserole and prime rib and maybe drink soda for once and play football with friends and drink out of the toilet while chewing on a jumbone and fly away while exploding