Subject or systems based review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nuclearrabbit77

commercial sex worker
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering which method most people are planning to go about their review. Since first aid is mainly arranged as in subject, are most people planning to go this route as well?
i've set my schedule by organ-system review--but i can see how this method might make it harder to use first aid with--but easier for things like UCV etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Since my school uses a system based curriculum, I used a systems based approach to studying. I used step up which is organized into systems. The problem is that its very weak when it comes to bugs and drugs. After going through that system, I hit those aspects in First Aid. To cover the micro for that system I hit the charts out of micro made ridiculously simple. For usmle, memorize the pharm section out of first aid and you will do well. Concentrate on drug mechanisms and common side effects. I supplemented path with BRS. I also did q-bank every night and completed about 90% of it. This was probably the best learning tool. This method worked very well for me and it paid off big time. However, you should choose your study methods that you are most comfortable with and don't try to change them 2 weeks before the test. This will only create more anxiety. Good luck!

I've heard that Step-Up is good for those that want to study in an organ-based fashion (as it is organized by systems).