Subject Tests Cold and you're good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

5moreminutes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So if you can do the Kaplan Subject tests cold, and you can solve the problems without refering back to the formulas or any other information are you good? ie are you good to get a 30? I haven't taken a FL yet, because I m kinda scared. :p

What do you guys think?

Thanks and hope everyone's rocking their final study hours! :luck: :love:

Members don't see this ad.

5moreminutes said:
So if you can do the Kaplan Subject tests cold, and you can solve the problems without refering back to the formulas or any other information are you good? ie are you good to get a 30? I haven't taken a FL yet, because I m kinda scared. :p

What do you guys think?

Thanks and hope everyone's rocking their final study hours! :luck: :love:

Take an FL. An AAMC FL. I think you'll find it not so bad if you are doing well on Kaplan topicals.

You'll do yourself a disservice, I think, if you don't take at least a few full-lengths. I'd hesitate to predict a score based exclusively on performance on the subject tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you talking about the subject tests or the topicals? The subject tests are just like 50 discrete questions - no passages.

If you are only doing those, you *need* to take a FL. There are timing issues with the passages, different strategies, etc.

Just take a FL to get a feel for what the real thing will be like.

oxeye said:
Are you talking about the subject tests or the topicals? The subject tests are just like 50 discrete questions - no passages.

If you are only doing those, you *need* to take a FL. There are timing issues with the passages, different strategies, etc.

Just take a FL to get a feel for what the real thing will be like.

Yeap Taking a FL this weekend! Do you guys think I should take Kaplan FL or AAMC?

PS: Your avatar = TOO CUTE :love:

BrettBatchelor said:
Someone told me the Subject tests are actually DAT materials.

oh daym !

Well someone told me they are good for getting your basics down. SO lets hope for the best

* fingers crossed *

Kikaku21 said:
Take an FL. An AAMC FL. I think you'll find it not so bad if you are doing well on Kaplan topicals.

I amm going to hit the topicals starting Sunday..

These are the subject tests I was talking about..
Thanks and GL! :D

5moreminutes said:
Yeap Taking a FL this weekend! Do you guys think I should take Kaplan FL or AAMC?

PS: Your avatar = TOO CUTE :love:
Definitely AAMC this close to the real deal. They are more similar to the real test.

And thanks!! :love: I think she's pretty cute too.