Submandibluar Salivary Duct Opening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrTacoElf

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok there was a question on an exam of mine and the correct answer was that this duct (wharton's) opened on the SUBMANDIBULAR caruncle. I picked the sublingual fold as its opening instead because we learned that this duct opened on the SUBLINGUAL caruncle on the sublingual fold. Is my reasoning correct or have you other people even heard of this SUBMANDIBLUAR caruncle, and also is the caruncle on the sublingual fold?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

DrTacoElf said:
Ok there was a question on an exam of mine and the correct answer was that this duct (wharton's) opened on the SUBMANDIBULAR caruncle. I picked the sublingual fold as its opening instead because we learned that this duct opened on the SUBLINGUAL caruncle on the sublingual fold. Is my reasoning correct or have you other people even heard of this SUBMANDIBLUAR caruncle, and also is the caruncle on the sublingual fold?

Thanks.

sublingual caruncle...never heard of submandibular caruncle (yet) :)

DrTacoElf said:

Thanks.

yep, i agree with u. the submandibular duct (wharton's) opens @ the sublingual caruncle. u might want to check with your instructor because a lot of anatomy is always under debate or different on different texts or people. Good luck.