submit amcas before transcript is received?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xcgirl

Psych
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my transcripts has been received, but I'm still waiting for the other one (sent about 6/11) to be received by amcas.
I've finished most of my amcas, other than the final finishing touches on my personal statement. Will it put me further ahead in line/is there any advantage to submitting amcas before my other transcript is received, or should I take the time to double check everything and just submit once the other transcript is received?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted mine before all my transcripts were in with that hope, but it doesn't say its in the queue until they're all received, so I don't think it makes any difference. Just use the time until the transcript is received to double and triple check for things like typos. You'll get an email when its received, just hit 'submit' right away and you'll be all set.

I submitted mine before all my transcripts were in with that hope, but it doesn't say its in the queue until they're all received, so I don't think it makes any difference. Just use the time until the transcript is received to double and triple check for things like typos. You'll get an email when its received, just hit 'submit' right away and you'll be all set.

:thumbup:

Your application is not "Ready for Review" until you submit it and all transcripts have arrived and been matched to your application. If you need some extra time to polish your PS before you submit, then by all means take it. Just keep an eye out for that Transcript Receipt e-mail!

Average turnaround from sending a request to your university by mail to an e-mail confirming receipt of your transcript is 3-4 weeks now. It's faster if you're at your university during the summer (some aren't) or if your university sends your transcript electronically (faster by about 3-4 business days from my experience).