SUBMIT AMCAS IN JUNE: RETAKE MCAT IN AUG??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DZT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,
I got a question. I plan to submit the AMCAS very soon but I indicated that I am retaking the MCAT in August (I got a 29S-12BS,6VR,11PS, S ); does this mean that they will look at my application and the fact that that I am retaking it for improvment or will they all together refuse to look at it the entire thing until they have the Aug 2002 score. Does anybody know or have any advice on whether I should even retake.

Members don't see this ad.

I am retaking the MCAT in Aug on the grounds that they will at least look at me and not throw my app in the trash heap since I am not giving up. But I hope this does not stall my application, which I am sending out NOW!

most schools won't review you until your new scores come in.
but don't worry, it should be fine.
that's exactly what i did.

Are you serious! I thought they will still review your application and still decide to reject or give an interview based on your previous MCAT score, and consider only the fact that you are retaking. If that is the case, then why is there even an option to tell that you are taking the August MCAT on AMCAS; isnt it simply better to just submit it after you get your Aug MCAT score instead, and get a couple more experiences over the summer, rather than send it now, and have them put it on the backlog until October when they get the scores?