Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

submit application with no mcat scores??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Calamari, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Calamari

Calamari Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

hey guys, is it possible for you to submit your applications before you get your mcat scores back. Like if you submitted your apps in July and you take the mcat in august and then send them the scores?

Is that possible to do?
    If so, what would the schools do to your application? would they make a decision before they get your mcats? or just wait until they receive your scores?

please help the clueless!!
    :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gaf

gaf Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

It is possible and you should submit the AMCAS as soon as possible. You can do one school to start and then add more after you get your scores if you like.
    Schools will get your scores when they become available.
    They probably won't make any decisions without your scores (unless you GPA is so bad that your MCAT is irrelevant).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SoulRFlare

SoulRFlare Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

If you're taking the mcat for the first time in august, it is especially important for your applications/letters of rec/and secondaries to be sent to your schools as early as possible. I was in exactly this situation, and i began receiving interview invites not long after my scores were released. I assume that schools make a priliminary decision regarding your app, and then invite you if the mcat scores are consistent with the rest of your app.
    good luck!

4. Dr. N

Dr. N Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

what about secondaries? so you apply first, submit your PS, transcripts, letters, and wait for them to send secondaries? will they do it w/o your MCAT scores?

5. SoulRFlare

SoulRFlare Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yeah...i had all of my secondaries sent to me by august (if i remember correctly)

6. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Send in your application. The schools will get you in their system and perhaps send you secondaries. They will then place you in a pile of processed applications but on hold awaiting the MCAT scores. Once they come in and since everything else has been finished, the decision to interview will be made sooner than if you had waited for your scores and then sent in your application. Good luck :luck:

7. getcloned

getcloned Hilton Magician
    10+ Year Member

I think that each school has a different policy regarding this issue. I know sometimes they will create a file for you, but will not look at your application until the MCAT scores arrive.

If you have time to do it early, go for it, but it might just sit in a file folder until your scores arrive.

8. Calamari

Calamari Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

thanks for the advice guys, I think I will get my applications in soonest and cross my fingers and toes hoping that nothing terrible will happen on mcat day!!

I hope they don't decide not to send me secondaries before they even get my mcat score.
    :D