Submit my AMCAS application or wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

godawg300

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in Ochem I. The class is over on June 25 and I'll probably get an A+ in the class too. Currently have 100 percent and only have a final and another quiz left. Ochem 2 will follow and will be finished July 30. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hm. Tough call. You could submit now with your solid GPA, but your MCAT is below average. If you wait you won't be verified til mid-late July and I think the early submission boost will probably help more than the extra A...

Reactions: 1 user
Hm. Tough call. You could submit now with your solid GPA, but your MCAT is below average. If you wait you won't be verified til mid-late July and I think the early submission boost will probably help more than the extra A...

Can I somehow update them with my grade once it comes out after I submit?

yes via secondaries or update letter in the fall

Is there a place in the secondary to put new grades? I just don't want to be rejected flat out because I'm missing Ochem. Our final is next week and I'm pretty sure I'm getting an A. Will I still get secondaries without Ochem?

I'm really not sure what is the better choice. Wait an additional 2-3 weeks to submit. I imagine transcripts will be sent by then since it takes some time or submit this week and hope that I can update schools later?

I'm worried Adcoms might see that Ochem is missing and somehow toss my app out since I hear they look for grades In that class.

also really interested in knowing i dont have ochem w/ lab so planning on taking next may at a cc but worried about late app

but isnt there a thing where not having the basic prereqs immediately means your not looked at further? I know its like that in Canada not sure about the states

but isnt there a thing where not having the basic prereqs immediately means your not looked at further? I know its like that in Canada not sure about the states

Most schools state on their website that you just have to have them done by matriculation. I think I heard Vanderbilt needs them to be done by application time.

im mostly concerned with DO schools and dental schools but what a relief! my school didnt have ochem with lab (just without) (what i need) availavable so I was going to go to another community college at the same time as my university, glad to see i can wait till may when im done school to start taking ochem. would you just list on the application, and would there be a pending option?