Submit now or wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnxiousAlly

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice on my situation... My school has a committee process that involves a committee advisor writing a cover letter to go along with a packet of LORs. Because of this, I am not going to be able to submit LORs until the end of this month (possible mid month). My question is should I still submit my secondaries as soon as I can, or should I wait and spend more time editing.

I have heard that schools view an early secondary return favorably, but since my application won't be complete until my LORs get in, what should I do?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice on my situation... My school has a committee process that involves a committee advisor writing a cover letter to go along with a packet of LORs. Because of this, I am not going to be able to submit LORs until the end of this month (possible mid month). My question is should I still submit my secondaries as soon as I can, or should I wait and spend more time editing.

I have heard that schools view an early secondary return favorably, but since my application won't be complete until my LORs get in, what should I do?

Thanks!

if you are done with your secondary application there is no reason to wait to submit.

I would like to hear others opinions on this as well..i was in the same dilemma, and I was holding back to edit more as well, but I think you should probably submit atleast a week before the letter comes so that schools have time to process your app and there is no delay....however i think the best way to know would be if schools place you in line for review based on receiving your secondary or based on you being complete.....and I'm not sure what the answer to that is for most schools or if there is even a consensus on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
It would NEVER hurt you to get the secondary in sooner rather than later. Even if it doesn't help your place in line, some schools still pay attention to how quickly you returned it. (I have specifically heard that Columbia does this--and they have non-rolling admissions.)

Do what you want. If you want to keep making edits than do that. I think many SDners forget that in Aug. many people are still waiting to get their AMCAS app verified.

Do your 2ndaries, send them in. The letters will come when they're ready. Don't panic on the timing.