submiting AMCAS primary before transcript arrives?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suprehe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Submit your primary whenever you're ready. Your application will be put on hold until your transcripts arrive, and then AMCAS will begin the verification process.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called AMCAS about this today, and they confirm what the above posters have said. It's totally fine to submit your primary now, but the verification process won't begin until your transcripts are also in. I believe transcript processing may take about 2 weeks at this point, so unless you really are ready to submit the primary, you could hold on to it for a little longer.

I called AMCAS about this today, and they confirm what the above posters have said. It's totally fine to submit your primary now, but the verification process won't begin until your transcripts are also in. I believe transcript processing may take about 2 weeks at this point, so unless you really are ready to submit the primary, you could hold on to it for a little longer.

However if you are ready, there's not much sense in holding onto it. Some schools do send out secondaries even if you aren't verified, so you can get to work on those while you're waiting to be verified.

However if you are ready, there's not much sense in holding onto it. Some schools do send out secondaries even if you aren't verified, so you can get to work on those while you're waiting to be verified.
Agreed.