Submitted AMCAS a few days ago and not verified yet...is this considered late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

piggi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are there still people out there who have not submitted their primary and are not taking the august mcat?

Members don't see this ad.

YOu should be verified with 4-6 weeks, you are ok:) If I were you, take a look at the Secondaries that are already out thread and the questions thread. Start working on the questions or secondaries now. Some secondaries you can send in now, so stay on top of things.

If you get the questions and secondaries done now, once ur app is verified, it will be smooth sailing! Good luck piggilicious!

piggi said:
are there still people out there who have not submitted their primary and are not taking the august mcat?

Yes.

Members don't see this ad :)
piggi said:

im sure there's a good amount of ppl

piggi said:

there are tons of people. but u won't find any of them here.

as for being verified, it's gonna take about a month not just a few days.

Robizzle said:
there are tons of people. but u won't find any of them here.

as for being verified, it's gonna take about a month not just a few days.

uh, yeah you will. not everyone on this website is OCD. ;)

I have yet to submit my app. But I'm not worried about it yet.

So if I submit my application on say...October 20th and the schools I'm applying to have deadlines of Nov 1st, will I still be okay? Do I have to be verified by Nov 1st or just submit?

i speak from no experience, but i would assume MOST applicants submit their primaries between early august and early september. most SDN'ers are douchey by nature, and do it in march.

Will, You just have to have submitted by the 11:59 pm on deadline date according to AMCAS FAQs. And Piggi, I still have yet to submit mine ( :eek: ) making me quite the oddity on here.

Dr Durden said:
Will, You just have to have submitted by the 11:59 pm on deadline date according to AMCAS FAQs. And Piggi, I still have yet to submit mine ( :eek: ) making me quite the oddity on here.

me too :luck:

Bloody hell, I just submitted mine ... for a third year :barf:

I'd gladly sacrifice the money for any sort of waitlist movement whatsoever :sigh:

I heard that if you weren't verified by the end of July, that basically all the spots for 2007 would already be taken

Svidrillion said:
I heard that if you weren't verified by the end of July, that basically all the spots for 2007 would already be taken

:wow:

Time for Coco and I to start spending more time with AMCAS and less time consoling and helping others on SDN ;) .

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr Durden said:
:wow:

Time for Coco and I to start spending more time with AMCAS and less time consoling and helping others on SDN ;) .

:thumbup: :idea: :scared:

I need to finish it ahhhhh.

Procrastinators of SDN unite!......Tomorrow.

How long are you guys taking on the AMCAS application? It only took me 2 hours to fill everything out. Granted, I still have the essay to write, but I know exactly what I'll say. It won't take more than 2 hours. The only reason I haven't sent it out yet is because I just had a transcript sent from my univ. Plus, this August is the first time I'm taking the MCAT. Should I still sent in AMCAS asap well before I know my scores? Will schools still review over my stuff even without a score or will it get put on a shelf til late Oct?

Svidrillion said:
By no means; you can still get in if you submit 5 minutes before the absolute deadline.

Svidrillion said:

Tell me she's joking?!

versailles said:
Tell me she's joking?!

shes not .......but think of it this way....someone will surely get hit by a bus :eek: ....you can pray its someone who has gotten accepted already.... :sleep:

Svidrillion said:

You heard wrong. Stop.

versailles said:
Tell me she's joking?!

I think she is. Svid are u from hopkins cuz you're pretty throaty.

I think I beat all of you...I just submitted my application today. Hopefully that'll make some of you feel better :)

coco11 said:
uh, yeah you will. not everyone on this website is OCD. ;)

I have yet to submit my app. But I'm not worried about it yet.

Heh, exactly. I submitted my primary way back just to get it over with but have just been getting around to secondaries since my school doesn't get LORs out until early September anyway....