Submitted AMCAS -- now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I submitted my AMCAS application, and now I am just waiting for my MCAT scores. When will I hear anything from AMCAS about the status of my application? On the average, how long does it take for them to process the application?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't recall exactly, but it took a month or less for them to process the primary. I would make the most of this time now and start working on the more popular secondary questions. "why do you want to go to this school", etc. Check out Tweetie's helpful links...I'm sure it can lead you to a thread on each school's secondary questions.

wait and wait and wait...:(

;)
seriously, the waiting reeks. It seems like it takes AMCAS a long time to post transcripts received and such. I started following up and calling the schools to see what the hold up with my trans were. Turns out it's AMCAS is slow to process them.

Check the med school websites to see if any have secondaries posted on their sites that you can start filling out.

Make sure your LOR's are on the way.

Some state schools want out-of-staters to send a letter of intent or proof of strong ties to that state. Check on that if you are an out-of-state applicant.

Find a hobby to kill time!:laugh:

Theresa