Submitted!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finally submitted my application :) Will I be receiving an e-mail from AMCAS saying that it has been submitted or processed? How will I know? Can someone please tell me the next step or do I just have to wait until they process it?
Do medical schools receive a copy of the app like the one we print out?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by medical22:
•I finally submitted my application :) Will I be receiving an e-mail from AMCAS saying that it has been submitted or processed? How will I know? Can someone please tell me the next step or do I just have to wait until they process it?
Do medical schools receive a copy of the app like the one we print out?•

Step 1: Your "certification/submission" button will be removed and replaced with a button that says "change notification process"

Step 2: Your MCATs will appear on your AMCAS printout (if they have not already)

Step 3: Your classes on the AMCAS printout will begin to be filled out with the special marks AMCAS uses (see bottom of printout)

Step 4: Your AMCAS printout will have a "date processed" noted at the top of the printout.

Step 5: You will eventually get an official email from AMCAS stating that your app has completed processing.

Thats as far as I've gotten at this point. Don't pay attention to the transmittal dates, they dont mean anything significant.

I think the next step is that AMCAS is supposed to email you when your app is officially transmitted, but I havent gotten that notice yet.

"Certification & transmission" is still there. It did not change to "change notification process." Is it supposed to change immediately after the application has been submitted or does it take a few days? Now I'm worried that it did not go through properly. But it said something like "thank you for submitting your medical school application."

Can someone please tell me what the following means:
"Your payment has been queued for processing. Please note your order ID and then clike continue..."

Did anyone else get this message after giving your method of payment? What does it mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
•"Certification & transmission" is still there. It did not change to "change notification process." Is it supposed to change immediately after the application has been submitted or does it take a few days? Now I'm worried that it did not go through properly. •
Don't worry. I submitted mine in early July and the "certification and transmission" button is STILL there! :mad:

It could take ages for them to get this figured out. :rolleyes: Just sit tight and start working on secondaries in the meantime. Good luck.

Won't I get the secondaries sent from the med schools after my application has gone through to them? Or am I supposed to call up each school and ask them to send me the secondary app?

•Won't I get the secondaries sent from the med schools after my application has gone through to them? Or am I supposed to call up each school and ask them to send me the secondary app?•

If you just submitted your app, you'll be waiting a long time. I submitted 07/09 and my "certification/transmission" button is still there and my grades have yet to have been verified. Somehow though, I got a secondary from Duke...but they're not screening this year to do the AMCAS screw up and are sending secondaries to everyone. Apparently AMCAS is just sending one page summaries to schools right now. You may want to call your schools, but all schools are going about this differently. The UC schools made their own app to fill out.

medical22, just relax and take a deep breath. once you submit your amcas, it takes 4-6 weeks for them to work their amcas black magic on it and process it.....there is really nothing you can do to speed it up, only make sure that your transcripts have all arrived at amcas and are in your file. other than that, there isn't really much more that you can do at this point. If you are applying to a school that is using the alternative pathway (tons of threads on the board that list ones that are using this) then i suggest obtaining the secondary and filling it out as soon as possible.
I hope this helps and good luck this year.

i got mine in on July 3rd. Still no change certification button and grades are verified yet.

medical22 don't expect anything with the application for at least 4-6 weeks.

later