Submitting AACOMAS with pending MCAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applicant2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a recent thread that delineated the process.

Let's say I complete my AACOMAS application but have a pending MCAT score.

Do I submit to one school to start the transcript verification process and then release my scores via MCAT SRS once the actual scores are out? Or can I release the ("blank") scores now, and once the pending MCAT score posts it will automatically be sent to/updated in AACOMAS?

Once the score gets posted onto AACOMAS, does it automatically get sent to applied school(s)?

Members don't see this ad.

I couldn't find a recent thread that delineated the process.

Let's say I complete my AACOMAS application but have a pending MCAT score.

Do I submit to one school to start the transcript verification process and then release my scores via MCAT SRS once the actual scores are out? Or can I release the ("blank") scores now, and once the pending MCAT score posts it will automatically be sent to/updated in AACOMAS?

Once the score gets posted onto AACOMAS, does it automatically get sent to applied school(s)?
Betting we are in a similar boat. I took it on 6/30 and am hoping to submit like....tonight. I think you send it to aacomas and they update the schools? I'm not sure, but I know it gets there and applying soon is important.

Yes. I was scheduled for the June 30th MCAT and submitted my primary on June 6th, and I believe I received verification 3-4 days later. Anyways, from my understanding, my score should automatically be posted to VCOM on August 1st. But I would call AACOMAS to make for sure. Hopefully I answered one of your questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I was scheduled for the June 30th MCAT and submitted my primary on June 6th, and I believe I received verification 3-4 days later. Anyways, from my understanding, my score should automatically be posted to VCOM on August 1st. But I would call AACOMAS to make for sure. Hopefully I answered one of your questions!
Amcas automatically posts mcat scores. Unless something has changed since I applied, you have to manually update aacomas and send your score to them which can take a couple days. I remember lmu just made me send them a screenshot lol.

Amcas automatically posts mcat scores. Unless something has changed since I applied, you have to manually update aacomas and send your score to them which can take a couple days. I remember lmu just made me send them a screenshot lol.
Haha wow. I can't believe they let you use a screenshot. "Oops... I didn't mean to use photoshop, I honestly thought I made a 528, sir/ma'am." :shifty:

Haha wow. I can't believe they let you use a screenshot. "Oops... I didn't mean to use photoshop, I honestly thought I made a 528, sir/ma'am." :shifty:
If I did that and got accepted, I think they'd be able to tell pretty quickly that something was up around the first week lol.