Submitting AMCAS Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neutropos

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After a quick search, I couldn't find the answer to my question in the archives. I have completed one secondary application, and now I must submit LORs to that school. However, I have not submitted secondaries to other schools. So, can I assign letters just to that one school, and press submit on AMCAS even though all of the other schools have no letters assigned? Can I submit the letters one by one on AMCAS, or do I have to have the letters assigned to EACH school and submit just once? I would hate to assign letters to one school, submit, and then later find out that I can't assign letters to other schools.

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

After a quick search, I couldn't find the answer to my question in the archives. I have completed one secondary application, and now I must submit LORs to that school. However, I have not submitted secondaries to other schools. So, can I assign letters just to that one school, and press submit on AMCAS even though all of the other schools have no letters assigned? Can I submit the letters one by one on AMCAS, or do I have to have the letters assigned to EACH school and submit just once? I would hate to assign letters to one school, submit, and then later find out that I can't assign letters to other schools.

Thanks for any help!

You can go back any number of times and assign letters to more schools, just make sure to hit resubmit after each time. The only thing you can't do is UNassign a letter from a school, as I learned the hard way. :rolleyes: