Submitting Columbia Secondary without invitation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AK11111

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you guys subitting Columbia secondary application without being invited to do so? Has anyone been contacted by Columbia since submitting their AMCAS application?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think anyone received an official invite for the Columbia secondary. I would recommend just submitting it (I did).

i dont know if thats a good thing to do, especially if you know you are supposed to get invited for a secondary first. but i wouldnt really know.

Members don't see this ad :)
they don't screen. go ahead and submit

If Colombia hasnt even asked for secondaries, what makes anyone think that they are accepting them? How do you know that your secondary won't go straight to the trash pile? I would definitely wait until they ask for it. Your jumping the gun if you don't wait.

I think a lot of people already submitted. Check out the "2005 Secondary Thread" - I think people even talked to the admissions office to ask questions about the secondaries, so they know we're submitting. Plus, after submitting mine I got an email from them:

"Thank you for choosing to apply to Columbia University College of
Physicians & Surgeons. You have successfully submitted your application
for the first year medical school class which will enter in August, 2005."

sunsweet said:
I think a lot of people already submitted. Check out the "2005 Secondary Thread" - I think people even talked to the admissions office to ask questions about the secondaries, so they know we're submitting. Plus, after submitting mine I got an email from them:

"Thank you for choosing to apply to Columbia University College of
Physicians & Surgeons. You have successfully submitted your application
for the first year medical school class which will enter in August, 2005."

Does the Columbia secondary have any additional essays?

Jason

I talked to the admissions office and anyone can submit. No need to wait for invitation.

Good luck

Jason110 said:
Does the Columbia secondary have any additional essays?

What satisfactions do you expect to receive from your activities as a physician? 2484 character limit

They also ask you to list your activities, honors/awards, work experience and they make you re-enter your courses. It was pretty annoying :smuggrin:

I recall the baylor or duke secondaries (non-screening) say 'if you haven't already submitted the supplementary app...' or something to that extent, implying that they want you to send the app with or without their invite.